The DUI Guy – Attorney Matthew Nebeker
If you have been charged with a DUI in Salt Lake City, Utah, call me immediately. DUI and DUI related matters are the primary focus of my law office. I have handled hundreds of DUI cases, including misdemeanor and felony drunk driving charges.
Matthew L. Nebeker is a top-rated Utah DUI Lawyer who concentrates on Drunk Driving, DUI & DLD Defense. Mr. Nebeker dedicates himself and his law practice to aggressively defending those accused of driving under the influence. Mr. Nebeker is a combat veteran of the Gulf War, and was with the U.S. Army, First Armored Division, when they pushed into Iraq to liberate Kuwait. It was during this difficult time that he truly learned about the importance of honor, commitment, and the courage to never give up.
Mr. Nebeker took the values he learned in the military and used them to accomplish his educational goals. Shortly after leaving the military, he graduated from Weber State University in Northern Utah, with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Technical Sales. After having studied sales, communication, and the start to a successful sales career, he determined that his skills would be better used in convincing judges and juries to acquit those accused of driving under the influence. Mr. Nebeker graduated from the Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan in 2003 with an emphasis in litigation.
Mr. Nebeker uses his continued dedication to education and learning to the benefit of his clients. Mr. Nebeker has completed the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) Student Course, to administer and interpret the Standard Field Sobriety Tests. In 2016, Mr. Nebeker is honored as being the first lawyer in Utah to be designated a “Forensic Lawyer Scientist” through the “American Chemical Society – Chemistry and the Law Division.” Mr. Nebeker is a graduate of the Forensic Chromatography, Solid Drug, and Driving Under the Influence of Drugs courses at Axion Training Institute and Analytical Laboratory in Chicago, Illinois.
Mr. Nebeker is a member of the DUI Defense Lawyers Association (DUIDLA), and a member of the National College of DUI Defense (NCDD).
Mr. Nebeker is also an active member of the American Chemical Society (ACS) and the technical division of Chemistry and the law (CHAL).
Areas of Practice
- DUI Alcohol and Drugs
- DUI FST’s List of Evidentiary Test And Road Tests
- DUI – Breath Test and/or Breathalyzer
- DUI Blood Test
- DUI Implied Consent
- DUI Underage / Minor DUI
- DUI Metabolite
- DUI Out of State Drivers
- DUI DLD Hearing
Honors and Awards
- Army Medal of accommodation for service during Gulf War
- Army Accommodation Award for service in the Desert Shield/Storm War
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National College for DUI Defense, General Member
- Completed Training for National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) for DUI Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing
- Completed the DUI means Defend With Ingenuity courses by the NCDD in October 2012 and 2013.
- Completed the Mastering Scientific Evidence in DUI/DWI Cases, in March of 2013, sponsored by the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, and NCDD.
- Completed the Rx DUI Seminar for prescription DUI cases, in May of 1013, sponsored by the Utah Criminal Defense Lawyers Association.
- Will have completed the Hands-on Forensic Chromatography Course, by Axion Labs, for the analysis of blood and urine in DUI cases.
Mr. Nebeker is frequently asked to consult with attorneys throughout the State on issues of breath and blood analysis, and DUI defense.